In the State of Alaska, all bartenders AND servers of alcoholic beverages MUST receive approved alcohol server training within 30 days of employment. This means that an alcohol server course is mandatory.
- Each bartender or server must renew their certification every 3 years.
- It is important to know that alcohol serving laws differ from state to state. Although courses approved in other states may have the same title, they are not the same as the course taught in Alaska.
Minimum age required to sell & serve alcoholic beverages in Alaska:
Bartending License Alaska Training Courses & Programs:
- TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures)
- Phone: 1-800-438-8477, ext. 357
- Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAP)
- Alaska CHARR (Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant and Retailers Association)
- Phone: 907-274-8133
- Email: email@example.com
- Outside Anchorage: 1-800-478-2427
- Rserving Alaska Responsible Serving of Alcohol
- Phone: 1-800-247-7737
Other requirements that may be helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.