In the State of Alaska, all bartenders/ servers of alcoholic beverages MUST receive approved alcohol server training within 30 days of employment. Thus, an alcohol server course is mandatory.
- Each bartender or server must renew their certification every three years.
- It is important to know that, alcoholic beverage laws differ from state to state. Although courses approved in other states may have the same title, they are not the same as the course taught in Alaska.
Minimum age required to serve alcoholic beverages in Alaska:
State-approved Alcohol Server Training Courses:
- TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) ???? Our BLH Recommendation ????
- Keri Rochon– Master Trainer
- For a list of Alaska Approved Instructors in your area please visit the TIPS® website.
- Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAP)
- Alaska CHARR (Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant and Retailers Association)
- Phone: 907-274-8133
- Outside Anchorage: 1-800-478-2427
- Rserving Alaska Responsible Serving of Alcohol
- Phone: 1-800-247-7737
Other requirements that may be helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.