In Alabama there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol. Thus, the state does not offer or require any type of bartender permit or certification.
It is important to keep in mind some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses regardless of state or city laws.
Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Alabama:
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
- Wet/Dry Map for cities and counties
For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.