In Massachusetts there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol.
It is important to keep in mind some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses regardless of state or city laws.
If you do decide to become certified, we suggest the course from Serving Alcohol. Click here for a special discounted price courtesy of Bartending License Help.
Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Massachusetts:
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
All of the towns in the state of Massachusetts are wet EXCEPT for the following:
- Alford – Berkshire County
- Dunstable – Middlesex County
- Chilmark – Dukes County
- Gosnold – Dukes County
- Hawley – Franklin County
- Montgomery – Hampden County
- West Hampton – Hampshire County
- Mount Washington – Berkshire County
For more information or any other questions, please contact your local City Clerk’s office HERE (pdf)