In Vermont, everyone who wishes to sell or serve alcohol MUST be trained before they start working at a licensed establishment.

Vermont Bartending

  • According to state law, training must occur every two(2) years.

Searching for various state-approved training providers, however, can be a confusing process. Not to mention the strict and particular requirements for an employee to get certified…

This is where we come in…

Here, you’ll find all of the important information you need to jump-start your employment as a bartender/ server in the state of Vermont.

Vermont server training process and information:

For starters… Training in the state is available in three(3) ways.

  • Classroom seminars conducted by the state Department of Liquor Control (DLC) educators
  • DLC online seminar


  • Through a director/partner/owner/manager who has already been to a seminar or has taken the DLC online training (using materials provided by the DLC)


  • Please Note: There is a difference between “First Class” seminars and “Second Class” seminars.
    • First Class Seminars – are for those who serve alcohol for a bar (bartenders), restaurant, club, hotel, manufacturer, catered event, or bookstore/art gallery
    • Second Class Seminars – are for those who sell alcohol or tobacco in a store
  • Follow this link to check the schedule for CLASSROOM seminar dates and locations
    • **Seminar schedule is is subject to change on a daily basis
    • Late attendees will not be allowed inside the classroom once seminar begins
  • Follow this link to check ONLINE seminar availability provided by the DLC’s eLearning site.

For more information or questions – you can call the DLC office at 1-800(832)-2339 or 1-802(828)-2339

If you have reserved a spot and are unable to attend, please email Nicole Lynch at or call the office at 1-802(828)-2339

Employer to Employee (In-house) Training)

The DLC allows businesses to train their own employees under the following rules:

  • Only certified members of the staff may train other employees on the rules and regulations around selling and serving alcohol.
  • In-house certifications are not transferable and employees must be re-certified if they work for another employer.
  • The In-House-Training-Kit MUST be used to trained employees.
    • The kit includes relevant materials and the mandatory DLC video for selling or serving alcohol
  • To order the kit, follow this link
    • The employer must submit the order form and send it to the Vermont DLC with a $10.00 check or money order payment.
    • The kit will be mailed to you within 10 business days!

Additional Education Material:

Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Alabama:

  • 18

Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:

  • Driver’s License or Passport
  • Good Communication Skills
  • Be able to stand long periods of time
  • Knowledge of basic drink recipes

For more information, contact your local City Clerk’s Office


Bartending Jobs Board


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *