In Pennsylvania there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol.


It is important to keep in mind some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses regardless of state or city laws.

Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Pennsylvania:

  • 18

Educational Material/ Programs:

Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP)

  • The RAMP certification is granted to the licensed premises upon successful completion of ALL of the following 5 components:
  1. Owner/ Manager Training
  2. Server/ Selling Training
  3. New Employee Orientation
  4. Signage
  5. Affidavit Request for RAMP Certification
  • HERE is all the contact information you need. Simply find a RAMP office in your region and contact them. They will further assist you in the application/ certification process
  • This link will give more helpful information about the program and what it entails

Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Programs

  • This link will lead you to PLCB partnering community groups, agencies, schools, and law enforcement organizations — all focusing on alcohol awareness

Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:

  • Driver’s License or Passport
  • Good Communication Skills
  • Be able to stand long periods of time
  • Knowledge of basic drink recipes

Additional Resources:

  • Wet/Dry list for all local municipalities (PDF)
  • More information on Wet vs. Dry Municipalities in the state of Pennsylvania

For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.


Bartending Jobs Board


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *