In Oklahoma there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol.
It is important to keep in mind some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses regardless of state or city laws.
Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Oklahoma:
Recommended Educational Providers:
Though certification isn’t required, any class/course taken gives you an edge over other competition. Here are some options..
- The Oklahoma Server Certification Course
- Anyone interested can contact the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcements at (405)521-3484
- Oklahoma City School of Bartending
- Tulsa Bartending School
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
- Wet/Dry Map for cities and counties
For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.