In West Virginia there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol.
Thus, server-training is not required nor regulated by the state.
It is important to keep in mind some employers will require bartenders to complete server-training regardless of state jurisdiction.
Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In West Virginia
- 18 – 20 (Must be supervised by an adult to serve/sell alcohol in an on-premises establishment)
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License or Passport
- Good Communication Skills
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic drink recipes
For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office.