In Texas there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol.  It is important to keep in mind though that some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses regardless of state or city laws.bartender license texas

If you decide to become certified, or your employer requires it, the Texas Alchoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) supplies a list of approved providers. The list includes classroom based schools and schools that are offered online. Click here to view the approved schools.

Our suggestion: Take the Learn2Serve TABC course provided here.

Minimum Age To Serve Alcoholic Beverages In Texas:  

  • 18

Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:

  • Driver’s License
  • Good Communication Skills
  • Be able to stand long periods of time
  • Knowledge of basic drink recipes

For more information, please contact your local City Clerk’s office or contact TABC at (512) 216-3420


Bartending Jobs Board


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *